We treasure children at Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church! We offer great opportunities for children and their families to deepen their spiritual connections with God and each other, including:
Sunday Morning Schedule for Children During Worship
Nursery care for Birth – 2/3 year olds.
Before Worship (9:30 – 10:10)
PK-2nd Craft Class Craft Room
3rd-4th-5th Sunday School 3-4-5 Classroom
6th-7th Sunday School Blevins Left Room
8th Confirmation Blevins Right Room
(from Children’s Time to 11:30)
PK-K Godly Play Godly Play Room
1-2 Sunday School 1-2 Classroom
3-4-5 In Worship Bible Buddy, Worksheets
10:30 A.M. WORSHIP
• Children are always welcome in worship.
• The Nursery is always open in the Young Children’s Area. Take the elevator to the Basement Level, and you will see it clearly marked ahead, through a door on your right.
• Children 3 years—Kindergarten may go to Godly Play on the Second Floor of the Education Building, following the Children’s Time in Worship.
• Children grades 1-2 may go to Sunday School on the Second Floor of the Education Building, following the Children’s Time.
• Children grades 3-5 will find a folder of worship materials on the front steps, following Children’s Time, to help keep focus during worship.
Cherub Choir (Practice Wednesdays, 5:45-6:15 PM). The Cherub Choir, for children ages 3 to 1st grade, rehearses on Wednesdays from 5:45pm-6:15pm. Following choir, the children are guided to Fellowship Hall for their own special dinner and then go to free play while parents are able to take classes during the 6:30-7:30 hour.
Grace Notes Choir (Sunday right after worship—11:45 AM-12:15 PM. This choral music ensemble is for children in grades 2 through 6. Meet Zach and Jenni in the Chancel Choir room upstairs for fun with singing! Contact Zach for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent’s Groups. “Parent Night Out” occurs periodically with free childcare provided. Each event welcomes new participants at any time for food, fun, fellowship and support.
Other Programs include Vacation Bible School, Baptisms, Easter Egg Hunt, and various other child/parent activities offered throughout the year.
There are many other opportunities for families to connect with God and each other at MSPC. We would be happy to tell you more about them or answer any questions you might have.