Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church (PCUSA), located in the vibrant college town of Lexington, KY is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministries. In continuing Christ’s ministry, Maxwell Street reflects the love of God through public worship, education, fellowship, and outreach in and with the Lexington community and the world. Mission is at the heart of our church, and this focus informs how we provide vibrant, intentional ministries for our children, youth, and their families. We have supportive families and volunteers who regularly help with and participate in our programs, and feel that a candidate with strong organizational skills, the ability to connect with children as well as adults, and a love of Christian Education will have the gifts to serve in this position at MSPC.
Status: Part – Time (18 hours per week) starting May 1, 2017
Salary: $14,000 with bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years experience; higher base salary to be negotiated with additional years experience and/or advanced degree
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, Christian education experience preferred
- Rich history in the life of the church and love of God
- Desire and passion to nurture children in their Christian faith
- Strong communication and relational skills
- Possesses an enthusiastic and flexible team approach while working with children, parents, and staff
- Acceptance of a progressive theology that expresses an open, inclusive nature of God’s grace in the world
Ministry with Children (grades kindergarten – 5)
- direct and oversee the children’s Sunday morning Educational program (Sunday School, Godly Play, worship education and participation, resources for children in worship)
- provide care and educational opportunities for the families of children
- direct and oversee fellowship opportunities for children and their families in coordination with the Family Life Committee
- direct and oversee summer opportunities for children, such as VBS or Music & Arts Camp and Church-on-the-Go
- work with the Music Director to oversee children’s participation in choir, bells, and other musical participation in worship (Wednesday Night Program)
- communicate the Children’s Ministry program within the church and community
- serve as a resource to the Education and Family Life Committees
- emphasize mission as a component of all programming
- participate in Christian Education and Family Life Committee Meetings
- participate in Sunday morning worship
- Co-chair Christian Education and Family Life Committee meetings and attend other relevant committee meeting
- participate in staff meetings in order to coordinate activities with the rest of the church programs
- Communicate with parents and congregation members about all children and family programming
- Oversee implementation of Maxwell Street’s Child Protection Policy
A criminal background check will be required and a valid driver’s license is required.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of interest addressed to Rev. Matt Falco at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to 108 E. Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church, Lexington, KY 40508.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.