Maxwell Street is hiring a Business Manager
Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll bi-weekly, financial record keeping and transactions including A/P, A/R, monthly billing, and General Ledger. Desired individual will have experience with Excel and/or Quickbooks working in the the nonprofit setting, attention to detail, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, and an outgoing and friendly personality.
Responsibilities for Business Administrator
• Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes
• Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to A/P, A/R, journal entries, and bank reconciliation.
• Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
• Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
• Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing contributions/payments
• Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
• Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
• Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
• Attend Monthly Stewardship (Finance) Committee Meetings
• Prepare annual budget with direction from Senior Pastor and Stewardship Committee
• Maintain capital assets inventory
Qualifications for Position
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Quickbooks
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
20 hours per week, compensation commensurate with experience.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com