Follow Me Curriculum
The PC(USA) has a new curriculum that is designed for all ages of the church! The curriculum is called Follow Me and teaches the spiritual practices that Jesus taught and demonstrated through his life and ministry. This Fall, through children’s Sunday School and youth group, the children and youth of Maxwell Street will study the spiritual practices, “Follow Jesus,” “Welcome All,” and “Hope.”
A Few Reminders
Because it has been a while since we have met in person here are a few reminders and changes for parents to know:
• We are asking that children and volunteers wear masks while they are in Sunday school.
• All children will exit the sanctuary after the children’s moment with the Sunday School teachers. We will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall so we can spread out and allow for social distancing as much as possible.
• All children will meet together in order to introduce our Sunday School lesson through various activities such as games, science demonstrations and dramatic play.
• We will then divide the class into two groups: Pre-K-3rd graders and 4th-5th graders. These groups will explore the lesson through developmentally appropriate activities.
• Finally, parents can pick their child(ren) up in the Fellowship Hall after worship service.
If your family is interested, please take a short video (10 seconds or so), horizontally of children lighting a candle at home to represent “bringing in the light” for the worship services. Your video does not need sound (but you don’t have to worry about muting it because Rich will have music background over your video sound).
Mix it up any way you’d like. If you have multiple kids, they could make a video together or separate – your choice.
Please let us know if your child would be interested in doing this as a meaningful part of our worship service. Once we resume in person worship Kate will contact those interested in continuing to acolyte.
We are asking children to read the scriptures for worship on the 2nd Sundays of the month. Please let Michelle Jones know if your child is interested and what month your child would be available to do so. Again, readers will begin on-line and when we resume in-person worship will read the scriptures during their assigned month. Michelle.email@example.com
GeNext is a program designed for 4th and 5th graders to give them a place to connect and prepare for Youth Group. During the Summer we will meet with our current 4th and 5th graders in June and July and our rising 4th and 5th graders in August. Here are the dates for these events Place and Time to be determined.