Social Worker Office Hours
The Office is staffed on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday but please note that due to Covid, we remain closed to in-person appointments.
Our Social Worker welcomes you to leave a message on the phone number listed below and she will return your call during the following days: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Leave a Voicemail Message
Please leave requests on the Social Worker voicemail, at phone 859-233-0723.
Community Assistance during Covid 19 closures
Due to the precautions we are taking to continue to keep our community safe there are some changes with the services our Social Worker can help with. While the Church office is closed our Social Worker is helping as many clients as possible. She is no longer seeing clients in person at the office but she is returning calls to messages left on the client line 859-233-0723 at any time.
Unfortunately we are currently unable to help with the following:
• Food Handler’s Permits because that requires you to come in person to take the test on the computer.
We can help with:
Client line 859-233-0723 – please leave a message and your call will be returned during office hours (Mon, Tues, and Thurs)
• ID’s and Drivers Licenses by appointment only. Please call to make arrangements.
• Birth certificates – Call for more information to see if you are eligible.
• Laundry cards can be mailed directly to clients. Call to make arrangements.
• Bus passes – LexTran is currently free until January 31. Once they are charging fare again we may offer bus passes again.
• Prescription Medications – Our Social Worker can still purchase medicine at pharmacies that will allow her to pay for it and leave it there for clients to pick up.
• Gasoline Assistance – by appointment only. Call for more information to see if you are eligible. You MUST HAVE a valid drivers license and valid car insurance.
• Toiletries, cleaning supplies, work boots, etc. – Call to make arrangements. Our Social Worker can leave these items outside the door.
• Utilities etc – Maxwell Street may be able to help with rental assistance and utilities. Call for more information to see if you are eligible. ** Please note, we are not currently able to help with WATER BILLS but we have some other resources listed below who may be able to assist you.
• Thursday Night Meals – Since the Covid-19 pandemic began, the Thursday Evening Meal Program has been adapted to meet safety guidelines. We currently serve to-go meals from 3:00-5:00pm on Thursday afternoons at the playground entrance door. All are welcome; we ask that you follow safety precautions and wear a mask. If you do not have one, we will be happy to supply you with a mask and hand sanitizer. We look forward to serving you!
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
WATER BILL RESOURCES
Adult & Tenant Services 859-300-5300
Catholic Charities 859-253-1993
Lexington Senior Center 859-278-6072
KAWC H2O Help to Others Program™ 1-800-678-6301
To sign up for God’s Pantry or make an appointment to pick up food, please call 859-259-2308 between the hours of 9a-12 noon, or 1p-3p when volunteers are available to answer your call. Visit their website for more information: godspantry.org