May the Holy Spirit fill your heart with the hope, peace, and love of Christ today! Filled with this knowledge, may you go out into the world to help reveal God’s love.
Every Sunday at 10:30am
Beginning April 18th, we will be live streaming our worship services on Sunday mornings at 10:30. A recording of the service will be available following the live service. At this time, there will be no in-person attendance by congregation members unless they are participating in the service. You will be able to find the live stream of our service on our Facebook page and YouTube channel. More information about how to participate will be in the Friday emails.
Follow Me Curriculum
The PC(USA) has a new curriculum that is designed for all ages of the church! The curriculum is called Follow Me and teaches the spiritual practices that Jesus taught and demonstrated through his life and ministry. This Fall, through children’s Sunday School and youth group, the children and youth of Maxwell Street will study the spiritual practices, “Follow Jesus,” “Welcome All,” and “Hope.”
A Few Reminders
Because it has been a while since we have met in person here are a few reminders and changes for parents to know:
• We are asking that children and volunteers wear masks while they are in Sunday school.
• All children will exit the sanctuary after the children’s moment with the Sunday School teachers. We will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall so we can spread out and allow for social distancing as much as possible.
• All children will meet together in order to introduce our Sunday School lesson through various activities such as games, science demonstrations and dramatic play.
• We will then divide the class into two groups: Pre-K-3rd graders and 4th-5th graders. These groups will explore the lesson through developmentally appropriate activities.
• Finally, parents can pick their child(ren) up in the Fellowship Hall after worship service.
I know you care deeply about Maxwell Street. I want to ask you to consider making an offering to support the ministry of your congregation. We typically make this request during our services, but since we’re not gathering, I’m making it here. Your generosity is what makes all our ministry and programing possible. You support the food we’re able to give out, our many missions, your worship experiences, and your staff. Please consider supporting Maxwell Street today. You can push the button below to make an online donation. Thanks for your generosity!
YOU CAN ALSO MAIL DONATIONS TO:
Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church
180 E. Maxwell Street
Lexington, KY 40514