Thank you to all who support our youth !
Youth Summer Schedule 2021
• June 5th, 1-9 pm: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bluegrass Scavenger Hunt Fundraiser and Legends Game (see link to donate above)
• June 28- July 2: Mission Immersion Week
• July 9-10: Lock-in
• July 15, 9:30-1:30: Kayaking
• July 20-24: HS Burnamwood Camp
• July 27-30: MS Burnamwood Camp
• August 6: Kings Island Day Trip
Youth Mission Immersion Week
If your youth can participate in the Summer 2021 Lexington Mission Immersion Week please fill out this form as soon as possible
June 28-July 2nd, youth can participate for partial days or only part of the week if their schedule demands that. We want them to participate however much they can!
$100 per youth, $180 for 2 youth from the same family, $240 for 3 Includes program costs for Reach Beyond Mission, a meal a day, t-shirt, and a fun activity on Friday!
- The days will be long (but fun), 9 am- 8:30 pm Mon.-Wed.
- We are volunteering with partners like Seedleaf, Greensource, Westminster Village, and Greenhouse 17!
- We’re hearing talks from Step by Step’s director and community leaders with immigration.
- Thursday, we are going to volunteer with Burnamwood Appalachian Mission to help with flood damage repair
- We will spend Thursday night at Camp Burnamwood!
- Friday we will hike in the gorge, eat lunch at Miguel’s, and maybe swim at Burnamwood.
Rachel VanKirk Mathews
Rachel is excited and grateful for the opportunity to lead and love the youth and young adults of Maxwell Street and to follow the ever-beckoning voice of the Holy Spirit forward with the whole congregation and its community in God’s work towards a more just and loving world. Assisting Rachel is intern and former youth grouper, Caroline Copley.
Caroline grew up at Maxwell Street, is currently working towards her Masters in Music Therapy, and served as Director at Burnamwood Camp over the previous summer prior to being a counselor in summer’s past. Caroline is very skilled at working with youth, creating fun and engaging programs, building relationships and providing care. Caroline is very excited to work with the youth!